Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





October 31, 2012

Book 49 of My 2012 Goal

The Concrete KissThe Concrete Kiss by David Grace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Concrete Kiss by David Grace is one of those books that once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it down. I found it extremely interesting and the suspense was great. It sort of reminded me of a bad cop/good cop type of situation but it was so much more than that. It in a way was two stories in one, Ned Danes trying to find the real killer and then there is the story of FBI Agent Phillip Abbott who is trying to find who killed his adopted daughter Jessica's parents. I don't want to write any spoilers and you can read the Author's Overview yourself so there is no need for me to repeat it but what I can tell you is that these stories are related and it all comes together. It may sound confusing but believe me it isn't, it does have a lot going on which of course has me turning page after page to see what happens next but it wasn't confusing at all.

The characters were developed well. I felt a connection with the main character, Ned Danes, rather quickly. This homicide detective stood up for what he knew was right and it cost him a 'promotion' right into the basement as head of the 'cold cases.' Then his determination plus standing for his principles really made me cheer him on. Not only was Ned's character totally developed but all the characters were developed nicely. Then there is Walter Plackman who is developed toward the end of the story in such a way that made a very large impact. I like the way the author lead me up to that point with the suspense building then finally the climax. I thought that was done effectively.

This is one story filled page after page of exciting action, suspense, and mystery that is sure to keep you up and reading long past your bedtime.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.