Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





August 3, 2013

Book Twenty- Nine of my 2013 Goal

Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle (Volume 1)Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle by Marie Harbon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Seven Point Eight: The First Chronicle by Marie Harbon is unlike any other science fiction, paranormal, fantasy I have ever read. It mixes actual historical events which not only help establish the timeline, it it is used to help validate the paranormal/science-fiction activities in the book. It also uses actual events to question what we perceive as reality all the while questioning and trying to answer fundamental questions, such as "does my life have a purpose?" Many of the questions asked throughout the story are ones that have been asked throughout time and scientists still try to prove today. Although this part clearly is not unique to only this book only, the way it is presented is. Including extensive talk of physics or should I say quantum physics, which was easy to follow. Clearly the author did extensive research before writing this book.

The main characters were believable and developed in varying degrees. I personally think the author did this on purpose trying to keep a bit of mystery around Tahra and not wanting the reader to know/connect with Max (at least until a later book). Despite this, I really like Tahra and the way she grew as a person throughout the story. Max is the type of guy I love to hate and I have a love-hate relationship with Paul.

Not only is there physics, there is mystery, romance, fantasy, and science fiction which seems like a lot in one story however the way the author mixed it, it resulted in a very interesting read at a nice pace. The balance between everything seems so natural and it never strayed from the plot although there were many twist and turns. I found it very difficult to put the book down.

I recommend it to all who enjoy science fiction, fantasy, mystery, and love stories/triangles.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.