Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





June 29, 2012

Book 32 of My 2012 Goal

My Self Serving Book of Facebook Statuses and NotesMy Self Serving Book of Facebook Statuses and Notes by Vinnie Rinaudo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Just as the name implies, "My Self Serving Book of Facebook Statuses and Notes" is a short book of different Facebook notes and statuses Vinnie Rinaudo used over the years. What it lacked in length it had made up in humor. I found myself reading many of them again but not because I didn't understand it but because I was reading it to others when they walked in the house and asked me what I was reading. Some of these were just too funny.

On the other hand, some were insulting and degrading so this book is not for everyone and the language would put it on an "adults only" list. Religion, politics, celebrities, no subject was 'safe' and no groups of people were safe, gays, straight, whites, he covered them all. I think only his imagination was the limit.

I found there were some statements I just didn't quite 'get' maybe it is because I am not familiar with the person made reference to such as "Tim Tebow is proof that there is a God ........and he hates football". I had to ask a sports fan who he was and he just told me he was a football player (thank you for the obvious) and asked why I wanted to know so I told him that line and he burst out laughing for five minutes but I just didn't get it and I still don't but apparently anyone out there that is a football fan would enjoy this...or not. So like I said some just 'went over my head' but for the most part I did enjoy this book.

I think this is one of those kinds of books either you will like it or hate it but I think everyone would find something funny in it if you had a sense of humor. I would only recommend it to an adult who isn't insulted or offended easily and would like to kill a few hours with some humor.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.