Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





October 8, 2014

Book 35 of my 2014 Goal

A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities (Quirky Essays for Quirky People, #2)A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities by Barbara Venkataraman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Trip to the Hardware Store & Other Calamities (Quirky Essays for Quirky People) by Barbara Venkataraman is a feel good, amusing, read it 'just for the fun of it' type book. Even the cover of it screams fun and I bet we all know someone that is a DIY (Do It Yourself) type guy who just can't seem to get it done right. The other stories (author calls them essays) are just as fun, ironic, and amusing.

I won't recap the whole thing as the author has already done a great description that you can read for yourself but I will say that this is a fantastic read to have a good laugh. The characters and stories were for the most part believable. The characters were all developed enough where I couldn't help but at least have some sort of superficial bonding/connection with them and I found myself thinking, "I know someone like that" or "That sounds like my day/luck".

I want to mention that this comes in 'Audio' version (which is the one I have). It is narrated by Carrie Lee Martz who has a wonderful voice and pronounces her words and with such passion. I did not notice any flaws in her narration. (There is no misunderstanding her because she is slurring her words, hesitations, stuttering, etc.)

I really enjoyed this book and totally recommend it to anyone who wants light stories with a side of humor.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.