Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





July 14, 2015

Book 17 of 2015

The Suicide SocietyThe Suicide Society by William Brennan Knight
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Suicide Society by William Brennan Knight has it all. I am not sure what genre to even put the book in since it can be several; mystery, thriller, paranormal, horror, but I think I will add it under dystopian novels. It is a fast pace novel that is packed full of action and kept me turning page after page from the moment I started the book. The author wrote a great description so I won't recap it but to say the cover of the book depicts and accurate scene and is so fitting for this book.

Since the book is about a society and includes corporations, there are many characters in this book but each is developed appropriately with their own personalities. Some are more developed than others but all are developed enough to understand who and where they stand regarding the plot of the book. I felt that several of the characters including the main character, Zach Randall, were developed fully and I couldn't help but 'feel' his frustration and pain throughout the book.

The book always went forward and stayed true to the plot and timeline. There were many levels to it but they all went in the same direction of 'saving' mankind. It was fast paced and full of action but not so complicated that I was ever lost. In fact, when I finished the book I said 'Wow' out loud since I was so impressed with the story, the characters, and the action. In fact, I was impressed with everything about this book and the ending was very surprising.

The book is written in English and has British overtones so you do come across a word here or there that we don't usually use in the US, such as the reference to the people as 'the commoners' but are commonly used in British English. There are also some spacing issues between some of the words in the book but not so many it really takes away from it.

This book was so enjoyable that I highly recommend this book to everyone who finds the author's description of it appealing.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.