Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





July 4, 2012

Book 35 of my 2012 Goal

Dog Trots Globe - To Paris & Provence (A Sheltie Goes to France)Dog Trots Globe - To Paris & Provence by Sheron Long
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dog Trots Globe - To Paris & Provence (A Sheltie Goes to France) by Sheron Long is a short and quite unique book. For one thing it is an enhanced audio and video (for iPad and online) and for another it is narrated by the dog. I really liked the suggestions of how to set the different devices for the best coordination of pictures and text.

I wouldn't exactly classify it for children as they wouldn't have a clue what the places are or words mean although I imagine depending on their age they may be able to guess between what the dog describes and especially by the many fantastic pictures provided although my first impression was that this a book written in the view of a dog so it is for children. However, if an adult was sitting there with the child to answer any questions they may have it would be a fantastic way to introduce their child to France plus get some great pointers on places to visit in France. I also think if you plan on going to France (or any other country outside the US for that matter) it provides great advise on what papers you will need to take your dog along, what size crates, how they will travel and more.

Chula, means pretty in Spanish, the 9 year old Sheltie did a great job in this short but fun story. It was interesting and I totally enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.