Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





January 18, 2014

Book 2 of my 2014 Goal

Loose Ends (Mary O'Reilly, #1)Loose Ends by Terri Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Loose Ends (Mary O'Reilly #1) by Terri Reid is a paranormal mystery with some romance, crime, and even a few laughs. It is the first in the series and is an easy read (not a very complex story). Mary, the main character is a really fun, witty, and well developed character. Oh yeah, she sees ghosts too.

I won't tell you what the story is about as you can read what the author wrote for yourself but what I will say is I really felt a liking/connection with the main character, Mary. (No, I don't see ghosts.) She is so strong willed and a fighter with morals and just someone who you can tell 'cares' about people (living and dead) and what is right and wrong. The other characters are all developed nicely too and it doesn't interfere with the flow of the story.

The pace of the book is good and there is something happening with every turn of the page. I wouldn't really call it 'action' as it may just be the development/relationship between characters which is important to the story line but there is plenty of 'action' in it too. It kept me turning page after page to see what happens next. (I did know who 'did it' early in the story but it didn't matter or interfere with the story.) The romance in it is just developing and so there is very little of what I would call real romance but I have a feeling it will develop more-so in future books. I also hope to see more of this kind of comedy in future books too. Due to the relationship between characters it makes it even funnier. (I can just picture Mary rolling her eyes after he grabbed her leg or was going to shot him without a gun.)

Even the cover of this book screams paranormal and the story don't disappoint. Definitely a good read for those who enjoy paranormal type mysteries.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.