Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





January 4, 2014

Children's Book Worth Reading!!!

Corey the CalfCorey the Calf by Patty Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Corey the Calf by Patty Johnson is a very cute children's book that I read to my grandchildren ages 4 & 6. It has pictures at the top of some of the pages of Corey. The pictures are big enough to see easily yet don't take the whole page. They are colorful and really grab the interest of young children. The story is in simple language with just a few lines on each page. It is enough to tell the story and keep the children interested while the words are simple so they don't get tired or bored with it. The thing I really love is that the story has a lesson to be learned (in this book it is honesty) with tips and suggestions for discussions with the children at end of the book. The children loved the story and they loved the discussion just as much. It is a great way to explain values while opening thoughts and communication as well as spending some quality time with the children. For all these reasons I stated, I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.