Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





January 25, 2014

Book 4 of my 2014 Goal

Top Free Kindle Fire Apps: An Introduction, Plus Tips & TricksTop Free Kindle Fire Apps: An Introduction, Plus Tips & Tricks by The App Bible
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I really don't use apps other than what came on my Kindle Fire. I know nothing about them and always shy away from downloading anything for fear of a virus or crashes or whatever else can go wrong but I was curious when I saw 'Top Free Kindle Fire Apps: An Introduction, Plus Tips and Tricks' by Andrew Middleton (The App Bible). Although I still don't use any apps it is a nice way to save time if I did want to use any. The book is easy to use and rates the top ten free apps in areas that are important such as if it crashes, how well it interacts with other apps, if it is easy to use, and so on.

Another nice feature is that all the apps are in chapters of their kind. For example: game apps, kid's apps, and productivity apps. Then there is a chapter for 'Tips and Tricks' which I found interesting and you can use some of the information no matter if you use apps or not such as how to conserve battery life on your Kindle Fire. If I did use apps I would definitely be reading the "How to avoid accidental In-App Purchases" again as well as a few others.

Other features of the book are there are links to other books written as well as links to the apps mentioned in the book. I don't know if all the links work since I have no use for them however as with everything in this digital age, I imagine some links are no longer valid but at least the name is still there so you can look it up on Amazon to see if it is still available if it is something you are interested in.

I know a lot of research and trials went into the writing of this book and although I didn't find it really useful for my situation, I am sure those of you who do use apps will find it much more useful. It is a good introduction to the top ten apps, what they do, what order to load them (I didn't know you had to load apps in a certain order), without having to load them and trying them all out yourself. The rating system is explained and easy to understand and also how turn off the ability to make in-app purchases.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.