Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





January 24, 2012

Book Six of My 2012 Goal

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mockingjay is the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy and by far the one that made me explode with emotion. It's also the one that had me talking to myself while reading it by saying things like "you have got to be kidding" and " Oh no". Maybe it was because I knew it was the last book and I wanted to know what happened or maybe it was because of the roller coaster ride I once again I find my self on by the brilliant writing of Suzanne Collins. The fast pace and area it covered left me seasick (in a good sort of way) by lifted me up in one part just to let me down in the next. I thought this one by far had more violence and downright ugliness in it. I soon figured I better stop trying to guess what will happen next because chances are I was wrong.

I still can't believe what happened at the Capital with the children and who died there. I never would have thought that was her fate in a million years. Just as I never would have thought what the Capital has done to Peeta and what he kept trying to do to Katniss. Intense! Even Katniss herself, I found at times I didn't even like her. I think if I had an arrow I would have shot her myself.

There was just so much going on in this book that I can't even comment on it all (without spoilers) plus I am still digesting this myself. It just blew me away with all the information, happenings, and fate of the characters. Then that totally unexpected ending... Brilliant! (I bet Collins will hear from a lot of people about them hating that ending.)

Although I have mixed feelings because who I loved in the previous books is either dead, may as well be dead, or so changed that I can't stand them anymore and wish they were the ones dead, I still loved the book. I figure any book that makes me that crazy and blows my mind that much deserves 10 stars, never mind 5. I totally recommend this book and this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.