Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





January 16, 2012

Book Three of My Goal in 2012

Dead AnglerDead Angler by Victoria Houston

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


At the beginning of the book a dead body is found. At the time no one recognized the female although judging by the way she was dressed, she was an angler. Then the rest of the story is about who she is, how she died, and if she was murdered then who did it and why.

I really found the book a little on the hard side to stay interested in. Maybe I am not into these murder mysteries as much as I thought or because I never went fly fishing in my life. I really can't say but I found it had too much talk about too many characters to keep straight. Thank goodness the author knew some of her readers would be of 'bad memory' and had reminders in there or I would have been totally lost.

The "action" scenes....well, other than reading about everyday life there really wasn't any until the end to speak of. Of course in the author's defense, she never claimed it was an action packed book. If I was into fly fishing then it may have been more appealing because the action of the fishing was fantastic. (If I found a place like that I would take up fly fishing instead of my deep saltwater fishing).

The author was incredibly descriptive in her scenes and in her writing and I could almost smell the fish frying as I read it. That is why I think it was just me and I just don't happen to be 'into' this genre.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.