Pages

I use both a Nook and Kindle so if you see a book you wish to borrow just let me know and let's be friends...susanslomski@yahoo.com.





December 31, 2012

Book 57 of My 2012 Goal

Haunted LoveHaunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Haunted Love by Cynthia Leitich Smith is a very short story that takes place in Spirit, Texas for the most part at the theater that is haunted. There are some supernatural creatures in it as you may have guessed. I don't want to say too much because I don't want to write a spoiler plus you can read the description of it for yourself but what I did want you to know is that although it is short, the characters are well developed for such a short story. As far as the flow of the story, it seemed rushed in some parts whereas in others it lagged. I think it should have been expanded on a little in these rushed parts so it could have flowed more fluently and at a steadier pace. The story line was great and I enjoyed all these twist and turns as well as finding out why Cody was not what he seemed. Then again the new girl in town isn't what she seemed either. About the only thing I got right was that there was a ghost somewhere and since the title is "Haunted" Love, I figured that was a safe bet. So if you enjoy quick reads and supernatural creatures then I recommend it. As an extra bonus there is even a sneak preview of her latest novel, Diabolical.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me your comment.